What is a parasite?
Before you can self-diagnose your parasite-related symptoms, it’s important to understand what a parasite is. According to the CDC, “A parasite is an organism that lives on or within a host organism and obtains food from or at the expense of the host.” There are three classes of parasites: Protozoa are small, single-celled organisms that live in the gut, blood, or tissues; helminths, which are parasites such as tapeworms, roundworms, and hookworms; and ectoparasites such as ticks, fleas, lice, and ticks that attach to or burrow into the skin. The parasite can cause illness and even death, but fortunately, if caught early, the infection can be treated with medication. (And sometimes they’re just annoying and irritating, but not necessarily life-threatening, like head lice.) Here are some silent signs and symptoms of parasites that may indicate you’re dealing with one of these tiny invaders, including the parasites of millions of people. means it contains. The US knows it and doesn’t.
You swallowed (or swam in) questionable water.
Whether you’re traveling abroad, drinking from the tap, or splashing around in the lake, ingesting contaminated water is one of the most common causes of parasites. Doctor in Las Vegas. In fact, before you drink your next glass of water, you should know if your tap water is safe.