What is flatbread? It is a type of soft, fermented bread made from wheat flour. Because of its taste and versatility, you can combine it with savory or sweet dishes, served hot or cold. With this ingredient you can make pizzas, quesadillas, dip them, spread them or eat them alone.
That pita bread It has an unknown origin, but its consumption probably dates back to ancient Egypt, as it is one of the basic diets of this civilization. Its name comes from the Greek word “p?ta” which means cake or bread. It is part of the Mediterranean, Arabic and Lebanese cuisines, but in Gastrolab recipe book We share a set of easy-to-prepare recipes to leverage ease in the kitchen.
Made from a grain that pita bread It is a healthy source of energy, a great nutritional aid and a good substitute for white bread. It has great benefits in intestinal processes, digestive problems, it is low in fat and does not gain weight, it is also very cheap and easy to prepare, you can find it in hypermarkets or you can make it yourself.
After Lent and with the intense heat, you can prepare these light and healthy dishes that your family will love, you can serve them for breakfast or as a snack or appetizer. That pita bread it can be baked or heated in a variety of ways.
Pizzas, quesadillas and flatbread toasts
Pita Bread Pizza
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- olive oil
- In a saucepan we will add the tomatoes cut into pieces along with olive oil. Let them cook over medium-high heat until they release their juices and a thick sauce forms.
- Puree the tomatoes and add to the pot along with the rosemary and basil. We cook for 30 minutes over medium heat and turn off.
- Pour a layer of sauce over it pita breadwe put cheese on it and put it in the oven at 180°C so that the cheese au gratin for 15 minutes.
- We remove the pizza and add what you want to taste.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 serrano chili
- 1/4 onion
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 3 eggs
- 1 liter vegetable oil
- pita bread
- 1 cup of refried beans
- Blend the tomatoes, chili, coriander and onion until a raw and smooth sauce is left.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and pour in the sauce to fry over medium heat.
- In another pan, heat oil for frying and pour in 1 beaten egg, until spongy and slightly golden, 1 minute.
- Put the boiled egg back into the sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- We heat them pita bread and add beans, then pour the eggs in sauce onto the beans.
- We serve and enjoy.
Mexican chicken wrap with cheese
- 300 grams flank steak
- 3 lettuce leaves
- beak of the rooster
- Fry the flank steak in a frying pan with a little oil and seal on both sides, leave to stand for 5 minutes so that it is well cooked.
- Heat in a pan pita bread without letting it brown so we can fold it.
- We serve the flank steak on the bread, add the pico de gallo if you like and top with some romaine lettuce leaves.