If you’re not yet a tea drinker, you’ll want to be after learning about the many benefits of combining cinnamon and turmeric to help reduce inflammation. These two ingredients and green tea make for a nutritious drink that tastes delicious! Below, we’ll go over the key health benefits of each ingredient, and then we’ll get to what you’ll want to know: how to make tea!
Caution: We recommend not combining turmeric with anti-coagulant (blood-thinning) medications or other supplements.
Green tea’s powerful health benefits come from its high content of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants. It helps neutralize free radicals (cell-damaging molecules) and fight chronic diseases. In this regard, green tea helps:
- stabilizes blood sugar levels and prevents diabetes
- Reduces intestinal inflammation that causes diseases such as IBS or Crohn’s
- helps prevent cancer
- lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
- reduces the risk of heart disease
- improves liver health
- helps to lose weight
- reduces inflammation
- improves cognitive function