There is nothing else rich as a dessert right after meal time. Especially if you haven’t tried some in a while, you know because you’ve taken care of them diet And a long one, etc. If something’s true, though, it’s that we should always save some space to do or eat something we really enjoy. Mainly because it often hides little moments of happiness that we sometimes need to feel good.
Eat one Dessert It can help improve your mood even when you’re feeling down and stuck with life. Thanks to their taste, they invite you to forget your problems for a moment. However many nutritionist and health experts recommend that we moderate theirs recordingavoid gain weightbecause most contain many flours or sugar.
But fortunately they exist today versions of everything and thanks to this there is now a fantastic one too recipe that’s what we’re going to share with you today, since it’s nothing more and nothing less than a carrot cake, but different from the traditional one because it doesn’t even have one flourneither sugar. When a Healthy dessert and above all delicious, it’s hard to resist! Now you can eat it without feeling guilty.
What does a traditional carrot cake look like?
Carrot cake, carrot cake or carrot cake is a sweet cake with mashed carrots mixed into the batter. The carrot will soften as it cooks, and the cake will usually have a dense, smooth texture. That carrots improve the taste, texture and appearance of the cake. Sometimes toasted walnuts are added to the mixture. The origins of this dessert are disputed, as while some historians believe it originated in England, others say it is French.
That carrot cake They were widely available in American restaurants and cafes in the early 1960s. At first they were a novelty, but many people liked them so much that they became a common dessert. This vegetable has been used in sweet cakes since middle Agesa time when sweeteners were scarce and expensive, while the carrot, which contains more sugar than any other vegetable except the beet, was much easier to find and was therefore used to make sweet desserts.
Despite its name, the carrot cake is more like a sponge cake in the preparation (all moist ingredients, such as eggs etc sugar, are mixed on one side, any dry ones on the other side and then the wet ones are added) and the final consistency (which is usually denser than a traditional cake with coarser crumbs). Some recipes have optional ingredients like dried fruit, raisins, pineapple, or coconut. Did you already feel like it? Let’s do this!
- 200 grams of almond flour
- 56 g coconut flour
- 150 g erythritol
- 6 eggs
- 110g butter, melted
- ½ cup milk/cream
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 100 g pecan nuts, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 110 g butter at room temperature
- 3 bags of stevia
- 100 g pecan nuts, chopped
- preheat oven at 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Add the grated carrots and mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, cream together the eggs, butter, heavy cream and vanilla essence.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to form a pasta. Add the pecans from the cake and mix.
- Pour the paste into a 21cm round mold previously greased with butter. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Allow to cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, butter and the Stevia to a smooth cream.
- Halve the cake and squirt on some of the glaze. Cover with the lid and put the rest on top. Add chopped walnuts to decorate.